One Step Forward, Two Back
My voice is back — almost. Later in the day I was back to a bit of a croak. And, though I thought I’d never say this, it felt good to be back at housework.
I celebrated by finishing the second coat of the copper metallic on the bathroom cabinet. I had already finished the second black coat the evening before & was quite pleased with it’s satiny coverage.
Of course, now I can’t wait to pick out the paint for the bathroom. I’m almost afraid because I want copper — not orange, not red — copper, as in a new penny. I realize house paint is not going to have that metallic sheen but with a semi-gloss it will have a bit.
This will be an experiment for me — dark walls scare me. Next month.
In the meantime, I’ve a few other projects to finish off:
- yeah, the kitchen is painted — just one small tile fix-it job left
- almost finished pattern for my stained glass headboard — after it’s printed, I can start cutting glass
- trim in bedroom & hallway to paint ivory — need paint
- cull clothes, shoes & anything else I really don’t need — take to Salvation Army
- get board & padding for fabric headboard
Wow, that’ll be more than enough to keep me going before painting the bathroom.