😀 Ah, finally — I finished the pattern for my bed panels. I call it Red Sun at Night.
This Photoshop [Ps] rendering does not do justice to the colours & flow of the stained glass.
When the camera sees the yellow/white glass with the blue walls behind them, it comes up with green — but when you see the glass in actual light, the yellow is distinctly separate from the blue behind it.
Of course I need to keep the background in mind when selecting glass. The white iridescent has large stretches of clear & the blue wall will be seen through it [much like in the triangle pieces above, it appears to be beigey-yellow behind the white — that’s my workbench].
The blue glass worked out well on the pattern but placing the yellow, orange, & red was a big stumbling block. The red photographs way brighter than it is & the orange looks more like red while the red looks more like orange.
The angle of the rays also proved challenging — until I used Π [pi] in my calculations. Now I think they’re more balanced.
I took a head-on shot of the bed [not so easy considering how high the headboard posts are] & in Ps, placed the panels & fabric headboard in their approximate places [no, the flowers on the brocade are not that big — photo not at same scale].
The two panels will sit in stained frames attached to the posts & the fabric section. I really like how the light blue glass matches the wall — & that blue will be peeking through the white & yellow glass pieces. So very exciting. So, so cool. 😎
Now to print this multi-page pattern & make sure it’s taped together perfectly square [well, as close as I can get it]. Then, I can start cutting some blue glass tonight — maybe all the white. Yahoo! Like Yabba-dabba-doo Yahoo!