How else would a Victorian celebrate the Victoria Day long weekend than by raising beautiful stained glass sun rays?
Yup, my medieval bed with stained glass panels is finished! 😮
Gorgeous? Oh yeah! 😎
Unique? Most definitely! 😆
My vision has been made reality. What more can I say?
It has certainly been a long project. It started when I moved here & only had a mattress — the time line:
- bed frame & posts were completed early November 2010 — see Creativity XXIII — Furniture Design
- tables were completed late November — see Creativity XXV — Glass Cutting
- glass panel pattern designed early March 2011 — see Creativity XXXIV — Headboard Glass Panel Pattern
- all the stained glass pieces cut April 24th — see Dawne Thoughts — So Little Time to Write & Photograph &
- slight change to design concept late April — see Glass II — Waiting For the Sun
- glass panels leaded May 12th — see Dawne Thoughts — Glass Panels Progress to Soldering Stage
- stained glass panels soldered & puttied — ready to install May 17th — see Dawne Thoughts — Bed Panels Ready But Where’s My Iron?
- fabric headboard installed May 18th
- panels framed & installed May 20th
Let me tell you — I was pretty exhausted by the end of this week. Of course, it was definitely worth it! 😉
Now, hmmm, what do I want to make for my next window? 😎