D-Day for Calgary
3 MORE SLEEPS !!
Yipes, that means today is my version of D-Day:
This is the day I switch over — from beautifying projects around the house like this wonderfully HUGE planter with a lovely assortment of flowers & veggies — to do all that stuff necessary to prepare for a trip. Like:
- get out the big wardrobe suitcase from the garage, clean it & let it air out for a day 😐
- finish the laundry & set aside the clothes I’ll need — hah, of course that means I have to DECIDE what clothes to take 😉
- find my little cosmetic bags — hmmm, not under the bathroom sink so heaven only knows where they are 😛
- recharge batteries for all sorts of electronic gadgets & pack their units in my computer bag [my carry-on] 😎
- pack a book & the June issue of Style at home [ooh, I’m dying to peek, but I haven’t] in my computer bag — a little treat for the plane 🙂
- start the pile for ‘things I can’t forget to pack‘ — this year I’ve got this wonderfully-large & totally cleaned off project table to sort this out 😀
- take the empty bottles to the depot, then the recycling & garbage to the dump 😮
- continue cleaning up areas of the house with assorted piles of books & papers waiting for a home [or simply a place to hide] 😆
- . . .
Yup, Do-Day — so I’m not running around scrambling the day before I leave. EEK
I really like to come home to a clean house when I’ve been away so I’m making sure all this organizing has not gone to waste & pretty well everything can be put away neat & tidy.
Still, there’s lots of time to enjoy the beauty of the Isle.
I know after a month of up-and-down Calgary weather, I’ll appreciate the wonderful, relatively-stable, temperate climate we have here.